Any household should have a decent set of tools in case something needs a quick fix. Good tools will last a lifetime, and getting dirty once in a while is a real money saver, so it makes sense to invest in a proper set of quality tools. Power drills, for instance, are versatile, durable and turn any task into a breeze. With that said, the best cordless drill for home use must have ample power, be somewhat lightweight, and needs enough juice to last a couple of hours.
Power drills are notoriously useful for the handyman or woman. They can be used for setting up shelves, tightening or loosening screws, installing furniture or accomplishing general repairs. However, each drill that is sold in the market can suit different individuals. As such, we will look into three best cordless drill for home use that you might want to consider buying.
Best Cordless Drill for Home Use: Our Top Picks
These picks fall into three categories: the homeowner, the DIY enthusiast, and the workshop artist. They’re all great for their categories, but one must determine which one is better suited for his or her needs.
The Ryobi P208 One+
Ryobi is known as one of the top manufacturers in the market. Notoriously known by value shoppers, Ryobi manufactures mid-level products, great for the entry-level workshop whizz or the “always prepared” homeowner. The company’s P208 Drill or Driver has a nice feature set and comes at a budget-friendly price range. It’s the perfect product for a new toolkit.
- TOOL-LESS BIT CHANGES: No chuck keys are necessary to replace bits here. Simply place the bit into the chuck, grip it, and activate the drill to lock.
- VARIABLE TORQUE AND SPEED: 2-Speed gearbox and 24-position clutch give you access to a wide variety of applications, from the home to the construction site
- MAGTRAY: Store extra bits or fasteners on the tool when you're high up on a ladder and need easy access
- RUBBERIZED OVERGRIP on the pistol-style handle gives improved handling, making the tool useful in slippery conditions
- LED LIGHTS illuminate your work surface upon drill activation, increasing visibility and allowing you to work in dim conditions
The Ryobi P208 Drill or Driver is a product that has a size dimension of 12 x 3 x 9 inches and a listed weight of three pounds. This comes with a handle that has a pistol-grip design and made of a rubber material. Likewise, it is also equipped with a magtray wherein you can store bits and fasteners that you can use while working. In addition, its chuck system has a keyless design. Further, LED lights have also been integrated as well as a Phillips head drill bit.
This product works with the help of an 18-Volt lithium-ion battery. However, it is also compatible with P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108 NiCad batteries. As to its speed and clutch position, you can choose from two and 24 different settings, respectively.
● Good value
● Plenty of power and battery for an entry-level user
● Compact, tough, and lightweight
● Battery works with all Ryobi products from every product generation
● Easy to store and carry around
● Comfortable to use in every scenario
● Tight and slip-free grip
● Improved and guided visibility even in dim working areas
● Allows you to work in hard-to-reach places
● Doesn’t come with a battery
● Not as durable as more advanced models
● Not suitable for construction and heavy-duty DIY projects
DeWALT 20V MAX XR Drill or Driver Kit
Among other names, DeWALT is one that pops up in the minds of enthusiasts as one of the go-to guys for high-end crafting, reliability, and functionality. DeWALT is an American-based global hardware manufacturer with almost 100 years of activity in the market.
- DEWALT brushless motor which delivers up to 57% more run time
- (2) XR Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity
- Compact, lightweight design for tight spaces
- High speed transmission with 2-speed settings
- 3-Mode LED lights with a spotlight mode
The DeWALT 20V MAX XR Drill or Driver Kit has a two-speed high-torque brushless motor. A brushless motor has enhanced friction, making it the top choice for battery-fueled power tools. That is because it decreases power consumption and eliminates voltage shifts; hence, it is 100% functional 24/7. It also has a transmission wherein the speed level can be changed into two settings. In addition, LED lights have been incorporated that can be set into three different modes, including a spotlight mode.
For this product to work, it is powered by two XR lithium-ion batteries wherein each can be fully charged for one or 1.5 hours. What is better is that it has a fuel gauge that gives users 33% more battery capacity. In addition, an indicator light is also integrated. This 16.2 x 4.5 x 10.1 inches and 7.85 pounds tool comes with a charger, plastic case, and a three-year warranty deal.
Also, the purchase allows the users to track inventories and updates via a smartphone for them to receive notifications regarding stock and compatible accessories within their proximity. This is a truly useful tool for people who have home workshops and are constantly looking out for new projects. As a bonus, DeWALT has a wide variety of 100% compatible accessories to go with it.
● High-capacity batteries are included
● Lightweight and compact
● Ergonomically designed handle
● Perfect for working in tight spaces
● High speed
● Runs efficiently
● Easy to maneuver, store, and carry around
● Tough build
● Low maintenance
● Doesn’t come with many accessories
Bosch 12V Flexiclick 5-in-1 Driver or Drill
Bosch is really notorious for producing hardware and power tools. Closing in quickly on their 150-year anniversary, Bosch has produced all kinds of power tools. With extraordinary reputation, world-class engineers and an amazing business model and the classic German reliability, Bosch infuse their legacy into all of their products.
- VERSATILE: The tool's Flexi Click 5-in-1 design delivers outstanding versatility in a compact, high-quality drill/driver. The kit includes a locking bit holder, a keyless chuck, an offset angle and a right angle to attach to the tool with the One-Click interface
- CONVENIENT: The included keyless chuck attachment provides locked-in drilling for difficult materials. An LED light illuminates dark work areas effectively and afterglow function keeps the light on for 10 seconds after the tool is off
- SECURE: The kit's locking bit holder attachment locks hex bits for security during high-torque driving or drilling
- ADJUSTABLE: The provided right angle attachment is designed for tight work spaces and works with the other three adapters. It rotates to 16 positions without removing from tool
- PRECISION: The offset angle attachment offers precise screwdriving very close to edges; rotates to 16 positions without removing from tool. The kit also includes two 12V Max Lithium-ion batteries, a 12V Max Fast charger and a carrying bag
The Bosch Flexiclick 5-in-1 Driver or Drill is a 9.5 x 15.25 x 4.75 inches tool that has a keyless chuck and locking bit holder attachments. It is also equipped with an offset angle and right angle attachment that can be rotated in 16 various positions. To add more, you no longer have to remove any of these attachments in order to rotate them. Speed-wise, this product can be set into two different levels but at a maximum of 1,300 RPM.
This 5-in-1 drill is also integrated with a LED light. The package also comes with two lithium-ion ACs, five attachments, a carrying case, and a charger.
● Versatile, compact, and lightweight
● Comes with plenty attachments
● Fast charging time
● Comfortable to use in all angles and positions
● Drilling in tight spaces and awkward positions a breeze
● Driven screws are close to the edges
● Not friendly for entry-level users
For us, the best cordless drill for home use out of the three has to be the Bosch Flexiclick. While it’s not intended as an entry-level product, any amateur or pro will agree that investing in such a versatile drill or driver kit is the way to go. With a bit of practice, any one of you can become the workshop artist they can be with this compact powerhouse in their tool belt.
Last update on 2018-10-22 at 09:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API