Regardless if you are a technical person or the complete opposite of it, a portable cordless drill is something you should invest in if you own a home. This tiny, handheld power instrument can help you accomplish various home repair projects. Thus, if you are in the market for the best portable drill, allow us to help you out.
Below, we are going to present three of our top picks when it comes to portable drills. We will list down every feature, pro, and con of each portable grill and, finally, in the end, choose one that offers the most value for money.
Best Portable Drill: The Contenders
When looking for the best drill, there are a couple of factors that you need to take into consideration. It has to be lightweight and compact as well as powerful enough to take on various tasks. In addition, it would also benefit you if you choose one that has long battery life since that means you will be able to handle bigger projects.
Here are our top three picks for you to choose from:
1. The Porter-Cable PCCK600LB Drill/Driver Kit Features
The PCCK00LB Drill/Driver Kit by Porter Cable is one of the best drills in the market for many reasons. First off, it comes in a very small and compact size for easy fitting within any workspace. Secondly, it’s lightweight too, with a total weight of less than four pounds, which makes holding this drill as easy as can be.
The tool features a dual speed gearbox that makes it both powerful and fast. It also comes with an LED light for brightening up the work area. The 20V driver of the machine allows you to use for drilling different kinds of woods, metals, and various other things.
The drill features a maximum power of 330 UWO, which is insane for its size. Plus, for ensuring longer running time, it comes with powerful Li-Ion batteries. The drill also includes a half-inch ratcheting chuck that is constructed with metal.
- Ideal for small and large applications
- Reduces user fatigue
- Includes two batteries, one charger, and one double ended bit tip.
- 2 Speed gear box deliver the speed and power to complete large and small applications fast
- Metal ratcheting chuck minimizes bits slipping in chuck
- Sturdy body and user-friendly controls
- Designed to make drilling easier
- Can be used for both small and large-scale projects
- Does not strain your hand or shoulder even after extended usage
- Delivers ample power and speed
- Does not take up too much space
- Easily fits into the hand
- Powerful battery
- The reverse button is awkwardly positioned on the machine
- The motor leaves off a slight burning smell
The PCCK600LB Driver/Drill Kit makes it possible to drill through various materials including metal and wood. Not only that but it also helps in greatly minimizing the user exhaustion too. Its impressive power and speed enable you to carry out a variety of tasks with ease.
2. The BLACK+DECKER LD120VA Drill/Driver Kit Features
The LD120VA Drill/Drive Kit by Black & Decker is a powerful portable drill that comes with a minimal price tag. The Li-ion battery can hold a charge up to 18 months. The whole set comes with a total of 30 accessories, which include almost everything that is needed for any fastening job.
The machine also features a 24-position clutch for keeping the screws from peeling off. It also comes with an easy-to-grip, anti-slip handle for greater user convenience. Furthermore, the machine features a 20V Max battery that enables it to drill through wood, plastic, and metal easily.
The whole package includes a battery, charger, drilling bits, screw driving bits, a bit tip holder, and nut drivers. The machine also comes with a two-year limited warranty by the manufacturer.
- Ideal for drilling through or screwing in wood, metal, and plastic
- Soft-grip handle provides added comfort during use
- The lithium-ion battery holds a charge for up to 18 months
- 30 accessories include drill and screwdriving bits, nut drivers, and magnetic bit tip holder
- Kit also includes one 20-volt lithium-ion battery and charger;Uses:Drilling through wood, metal, and plastic, Screwdriving though wood, metal, and plastic.RPM : 0-650 rpm
- Features an ergonomic, portable design
- Serves different purposes
- The color-coded handle enables you to pick the accurate driver from your toolbox every single time
- Lightweight and perfect for DIY beginners
- Powerful battery life
- Excellent speed control
- Does not overheat easily
- Doesn’t come with an LED light
- Doesn’t include integrated horizontal and vertical levels
This LD120VA Drill/Driver Kit from Black+Decker is a highly efficient, lightweight, and compact tool in a very meager price that is ideal for a multitude of drilling tasks. The machine offers a perfect balance of affordability and performance.
3. The Hitachi KC10DFL2 Driver and Drill Combo Kit Features
The Hitachi KC10DFL2 Drill packs a lot of power in a super compact body. With a total weight of 2.2 pounds, the machine features 21 torque settings and a drilling mode. The model uses two 12V Li-ion batteries that maintain the power stability during operation.
The great thing about its batteries is that they can get fully charged within 40 minutes. This model also features a flashlight with five light settings for providing you a better vision in the darker areas.
The drill comes with two-speed settings, which is measured at up to 2700 repetitions per minute and 3200 inches per minute, respectively. The set also contains both drilling tool and impact driver. It comes with a lifetime warranty for the tool and two-year warranty for the battery.
- Kit includes the DS10DFL2 12V Peak Lithium Ion Driver Drill with a 3/8" keyless chuck and 21+1 clutch with 21 torque settings and a drill mode for ultimate precision and control
- Kit includes the WH10DFL2 12V Peak Lithium Ion Impact Driver with 955 in/lbs of torque, up to 2,700 RPM and 3,200 IPM, ideal for driving stubborn bolts and screws
- Kit includes (2) 12V Peak Lithium Ion batteries that deliver steady power for the duration of every charge
- Kit also includes a Flashlight, 40-minute quick charger and carrying bag
- Covered by Hitachi's Lifetime Lithium Ion Tool Warranty & 2-Year Lithium Ion battery warranty
- Ideal for home use
- Lightweight yet powerful
- Excellent for driving long deck screws
- Comfortable to hold and use
- Multiple torque settings
- Gets charged up pretty quickly
- Small size makes it highly travel-friendly
- Great at drilling through multiple surfaces
- Battery life isn’t long enough
- The flashlight is neither bright not durable
The KC10DFL2 Driver and Drill Combo Kit is an insanely powerful and reliable machine with a very compact design. This tool is ideal for tightening bolts and screws, woodworking, electrical work, and many other tasks around the house.
As what we mentioned earlier, the best portable drill should be lightweight and comfortable to hold, small in size, durable, and have enough power to carry out various tasks around the house. So, which of these portable electric grills do you think met all o these requirements?
Although all three models offer almost all of these features, the sole winner is the PCCK600LB by Porter-Cable. It is a pocket-friendly, versatile, and easy-to-use tool that is worthy enough to become part of any DIY enthusiast’s arsenal. In addition, it also does not suck away battery life easily, allowing you to handle larger projects and finish multiple tasks at the same time.
Last update on 2018-12-11 at 21:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API